Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Place For Random Thoughts To Have A Home.

Since I'm probably going to be doing research etc. most of the summer and won't be around for random periods of time and won't be able to keep in touch, I've decided that a real blog is probably the best place to attempt to do it. So here it is, my first one... I'll get the real hang of it later.

Anyway, here's some food for thought...
1) Why in the world does anyone live in a place where it's 50 degrees one day and 15 the next? Really now, I've lived in a horrible, Godforsaken place that does this pretty much my entire life and I cannot for the life of me figure out why any sane person would, I can stand both extremes but not in the space of 24 hours. Really, that type of weather just makes me think that global warming is more like global PMS, and maybe it is just the mitten-y state, because even in the desert you don't have nice sunny weather for two hours, a foot and a half of snow the next hour and a half, and then a slight melt with a quick freeze following minutes after.
2) Why does it seem to me that fewer and fewer movies produced in the US are "good"? Honestly, there has to be a gigantic amount of talent being squandered in Hollywood lately, and I truly feel that the age of good cinema is past. With fewer and fewer movies like "There Will Be Blood" and "No Country For Old Men" coming out and more movies like "Strange Wilderness" taking their places, there doesn't seem to be a huge pull for me to go and spend $10+ at the theater anymore.


No comments: