Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hooray! Well, For The Most Part.

First for the "Hooray!", I got the research spot in the spider lab!!! *does her happy dance* I'm going to be doing some work with metabolic rates, which is actually really cool since there's not a lot of research being done in that area right now. So I'm actually on the cutting edge of something! Again, "Hooray!"

Now for the "Most Part". Money is going to be awesomely short this summer, the local vet clinic is hiring, but my faculty advisor warned me about working someplace that may not help me on a med-school application. So I'm not quite sure what to do there, because really, it's the vet clinic, or waitressing... and I really don't want to be a waitress... nothing against them, but I don't want to do it for another summer. Also, waitressing isn't going to help on an application either... so yeah, I'm thinking the vet clinic will at least give me some experience dealing with people in a semi-medical setting. So I'm going to talk to my friend that works at the vet clinic, and I think I'm going to be filling out an application next week, because it would be something I'd enjoy doing and I wouldn't absolutely detest my job. Plus, I'd get to be around animals every day... and that sounds like a perk to me!

No comments: